Profile of Principal
Paul Stevenson is the Owner and a Director of Stevenson + Associates Pty Ltd. He has 42 years of experience in a large range of building services in a variety of building types both overseas and in Australia. He specialises in Aquatic Engineering.
Paul has been involved for 40 years in the design and construction of many Swimming Pools, ranging from small leisure club/domestic sized pools, to the most advanced Olympic pools in the world.
Specifically, Paul has become a leading expert of International repute in the "Total Architecture" of Aquatic Centres. His expertise covers not only building services, but all aspects of swimming pools, including:
- Shape and form of pool hall and pool tanks
- Construction materials
- Construction methods
- Condensation and corrosion
- Pool water distribution, filtration and disinfection
- “Fast pool” designs
- Mechanical designs including integrated ventilation systems
- Natural ventilation
- Advanced control systems
- Spa, wave pools and associated water features
- Water flumes and river rides
- Energy efficient systems
- Moveable walkways
- Adjustable floors
- Diving safety bubbles
Selected industry involvement of significance:
- Swimming pool design guide. This guide was over 200 pages long and covered all aspects of Swimming Pool Construction and Operation.
- Assistance in the production of the NSW Swimming Pool Health Guidelines.
- Assistance in the production of WA Swimming Pool Health Regulations.
- Assistance in the production of the World Health Organisation’s Guidelines for Safe Recreational Waters.
- Instrumental in changes to the FINA facility rules covering water quality for competition swimming pools.
- Assistance to Standards Australia re the production of HB 241 Water Management for Public Swimming Pools & Spas.
In particular, water treatment plant capacity formulas developed by Paul Stevenson have now been adopted by NSW Health Department in their Swimming Pool & Spa Water Treatment Guidelines and known as the "Stevenson Formulas".
Paul Stvenson is a Fellow of Engineers Australia.